Monday, September 5, 2011

Movie blog : Subject: Attractive masculine characters Part I

Hey everyone.  In addition to the blogs on value and fitness, I'd be curious to get your input on a subject almost everyone can relate to, movies. Summer's end draws closer and this is the time when I often find myself getting acquainted again with the movie theater as outdoor activities tend to be fewer and far between.


A subject that has always fascinated me is that of movies which epitomize masculine & feminine qualities. So with this blog I will start with the masculine and pose the question: which movies really exemplify the modern masculine guy? Do you think there has been a top ten list of movies that really discuss this in detail?

Probably but I do not recall seeing one.  Keep in mind I am not just looking for an all around great movie or the ones that most people have even heard of rather movies that feature a character or several that embody strong masculine figures throughout the ages.

So with that said, here is a partial list.  Feel free to add more and include clips of your favorite scenes.

First has to be Wild Orchid.  The authors seem to have a keen understanding of looks, body language, witty banter and smooth behavior all wrapped up in the character Mickey Rourke (James Wheeler) plays in Wild Orchid. I have watched this movie at least 10 times and watch it at least once a year if not more.

Sure the plot is a bit hokey and far fetched but it's the scenes where he is subtly charming or should I say, seducing her that got my attention.

This movie did not receive the rave reviews that 9 1/2 weeks did and yet I think any woman watching this will understand when I say that every guy should watch this film and take notes! :-)  And I am really curious to get your thoughts. What is it about Mickey Rourke's character that she finds so seductive?

In a separate blog I might break down what he is doing and why it is important in this scene which I call the 'perfect dinner date".
For anyone who believes old fashioned dating over dinner can't work, please watch carefully. It still can be very alluring and charming if done correctly, smoothly and elegantly.



 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LZjZ9HNXqA

No comments:

Post a Comment